systray icon animation [was: greetings]

Doruk Fisek dfisek at fisek.com.tr
Thu Oct 12 10:23:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Asking the mailing list: What's everyone's opinion regarding the
> systray icon?
I had started a topic on the same question two weeks ago on the amarok
forum, so I'll just copy-paste my opinion :

"It is a way of looking at a piece of music :

a - There is no music at the beginning of the track. So the indicator
is empty. As the track plays along, the song goes on, the more you
listen the more the song is complete in your head. When you have
listened to all of it,the song is complete and the indicator is full.

b - At the beginning, there is the whole track to play. As it plays,
you consume it, the more you consume the less there is to. So the
indicator is more empty as you approach the end of the song.

It is not a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of perception and
of course it differs from person to person. Therefore it could be
configurable.

I produced a patch that reverts the indicator to its original behavior.
Unfortunately I am not a kde programmer, so I couldn't write a patch
that makes the option configurable. If anybody else wants to use it,
here it is :

http://zzz.fisek.com.tr/files/patches/amarok-1.4.3-systrayindicator-reverse.patch.

There is also a Slackware 11.0 package for it :

http://zzz.fisek.com.tr/files/slackware-11.0/amarok-1.4.3-i486-1df.tgz "

                   Doruk

--
FISEK INSTITUTE - http://www.fisek.org.tr