systray icon animation, [was: greetings]

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Thu Oct 12 08:59:48 UTC 2006

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>>> Asking the mailing list: What's everyone's opinion regarding the systray
>>> icon?
>> Hate it, because Amarok doesn't use it for acctual notifications it wastes
>> already limited space. I would like to iconify Amarok to the desktop or
>> "third layer" (think apple's dashboard) and have it act like a miniture
>> control panel (see my blog post about background
>> apps<http://commonideas.blogspot.com/2006/03/kde4-backstage.html>).
>> But as long as we don't have that option, the systray icon is better then
>> taking up space in the taskbar.
>
> You misunderstand. This discussion is about whether the animation should go
> from top to bottom, or bottom to top.

well, at least until somebody proposes left/right, as that would more
resemble progressbar =)

as for controlling applets, doesn't anyone of existing superkaramba
things do something sufficient ?
http://www.kde-look.org/content/search.php?name=amarok
(set type to karamba & search. couldn't figure out how to pass type in url).
--
  Rich