Incorrect media times in some podcasts

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:13:36 UTC 2006

I have no idea if the problem is with amaroK (1.4.3), the media (mp3) itself,
or the podcast server.

Yesterday, I was having problems with some different podcasts (different
servers, too).  Amarok downloaded them, but they were cut short.  After I
tried deleting the media and downloading again, I noticed that the total play
times displayed were much shorter than they should have been.  I tried
deleting and downloading again, same thing.  I checked the directory (ls -l)
and found that the file sizes were in the range where they should be.  I
tried playing them again and found, by example, a half hour podcast that
amarok was showing as four minutes, indeed played for a half hour.  Amarok
would track the first four minutes correctly, the progress slider would stop
at the end, but the track completed correctly.

What's up with this?  Can I fix it?

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.