"a la Freevo" script for Amarok ?

Jean-Tristan Chanegue chanegue at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 18:09:45 UTC 2006

> Whats the point of a Freevoesque frontend? Why not use Freevo? Its
> goal are entirely different, I wouldn't even consider it a competitor.
> Amarok itself is mostly 'frontend', existing frontends are for using
> Amarok remotely, I don't see the point of giving Amarok a new
> interface for the heck of it.

I'll try to explain the point. You're right is two different "use
cases". But the same person (or the persons using the same computer)
could switch use case :
1) I want to build build a complex play list. Or I want to synchronise
with my Ipod.
-> I'd use amarok with its classic UI because it will be easier for
this "use case"

2) I want to control my music player an IR Remote. A freevoesque will be better.

And, one difference between Freevo and Amarok, is Amarok handles Tags
to build its music collection.

Now, do you see the point ?