speed improvements (patch)

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Wed Oct 4 13:37:22 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 08:14, Ovidiu Gheorghioiu wrote:
> Recently Amarok has been getting slower in handling my increased
> collection size -- and increased usage.
>
> So I loaded it up into callgrind and started eliminating whatever
> inefficiencies I saw that had significant effects on the running time.
> The easiest targets were critical-loop string copying and growing,
> which is what this changelist is mainly about.
>
> I can keep doing optimizing, as time allows, if you guys think it's
> OK. I'll try not to touch code that is not a proven performance
> problem.

Hello Ovy, thanks for the patch. We are very interested in your optimizations
and looking forward to further patches. In fact you may join our development
team if you wish to contribute to Amarok - we always welcome skilled
developers :)

One remark: In general we prefer to have separate patches for each issue. This
way it is easier to keep track of things, and we would be able revert certain
patches if problems should arise.

--
Mark