migrating podcasts

Cerneels Bart bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 21:14:32 UTC 2006

Hi Art

2006/10/1, Art Alexion <art.alexion at gmail.com>:

> Thanks for trying to help, but I think you misunderstood what I was trying
> do.  I didn't want to import my podcast links/urls -- I can do that
> manually
> and easily.
>
> I wanted to import previously downloaded media so that amarok would
> recognize
> it as part of a podcast rather than just another mp3 in my library.
>
> Can that be done?

I believe it can, but only by adding the correct paths of the files to the
database directly.
If you really want to try it here are some suggestions:
- Let Amarok import the existing subscription list (eather via OPML, manualy
or own import script).
- Parse the downloaded files information from bashpodder (if there is any).
- use `dcop amarok collection query "UPDATE podcastepisodes SET
localurl='<local file>', isNew=0 where url='<episode url>'; ` to fill in the
database. The isNew prevents files to be downloaded again.
- Don't keep your podcasts in a folder part of the collection unless you
want them to show up in a dynamic playlist.

Hope this helps.

I don't mind tinkering with file names or minor data files to make it work.