different stats in context-browser and playlist browser? (was: DB problems again)

Andreas Heinz andi at a80.net
Fri Nov 24 16:55:53 UTC 2006

hi rich,

thanks that did the trick. pasting the huge query from below resulted in
my fav albums.

but the result leads me to a somewhat funny result: on the amarok start
the context browser shows me correctly fav albums and such. and so does
-> tools -> statistics.

but when i drag and drop songs from collection browser or context
browser to the collection browser, the collection browser doesnt give
any stats but it looks like context browser fetches stats correctly,
collection browser not?!
having a look into the database again, there are 4 devices. the first 2
are org/freedesktop/.... which only represent the mount points of my
local harddrives and the other 2 ones are the sharees mounted from my
fileserver.

the working stats come from device 2 (a mount point one) the missing
stats go to the nfs ones. to make things a bit clearer:
device 2: /
device 4: /storage

mp3s are in /storage/mp3s/

i have stats in my database: some are deviceid 2 with path
"./storage..." and deviceid 4 "./mp3s".
how dows amarok determine these two in the end at the same location
ending ones?

there seems to be two kinds of fetching stats in amarok. as far as i
could track that down.