Amarok freezes

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Fri Nov 24 01:02:09 UTC 2006

Marc Cramdal wrote:
> Some of you must have seen my questions on IRC :-) about my strange
> amarok freezes.
>
> I'm trying to find where it comes from.
>
> I kind of freeze immediatly after starting playing a track : the mouse
> pointer changes to the busy one (I'll call it "partial freeze"). It
> completly freezes when the current track is over (I'll call it "full
> freeze") I think it could be in ony one thread so I tried killing it
> with kill -11 to get a backtrace.
>
> I hope this could help pointing toward a solution ?
>
> Here is the backtrace I get when killing it with segfault during
> partial freeze. After it you'll find the one coming from killing it in
> full freeze:
> PARTIAL FREEZE
>
> ======== DEBUG INFORMATION  =======
> Version:    1.4-SVN
> Engine:     xine-engine
> Build date: Nov 23 2006
> CC version: 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r1)
> KDElibs:    3.5.5
> Qt:         3.3.6
> TagLib:     1.4.0
> CPU count:  2

You might try

"strace -o amarok.err amarok"  in a xterm.  When it ends or you kill it
do "less amarok.err" and start looking.  Also "tail -n 25 amarok.err"
will allow you to look at the last 25 lines.

Lastly "ldd /opt/kde3/bin/amarok" and look for missing libs

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "