IPod Shuffle

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 00:03:18 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 10:12, Denny Schierz wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have a old Ipod shuffle with only 512MB, so i search a way, how to
> fill the player, with just one click, like i can do it under iTunes.
>
> Is there an Amarok-way too?

I hate the iTunes way.  I hate how iTunes refuses to sync stuff unless you add
it to the library.  I hate the way iTunes will not automatically update what
exists in a directory that you have told it holds your collection.  Dead
files remain unless you delete them one by one.  New files have to be added
manually.  Renamed files; same nonsense.  Why do people like this program so
much?

<sorry, end of rant>

That said, you can mimic the itunes random playlists by defining a smart
playlist in amarok for selecting random tunes.  You have to manually delete
the existing ipod tunes before replacing them.

You can skip a step by right clicking your defined playlist and selecting "add
to media player".

Admittedly, its a few more steps, but you gain in better collection
maintenance and more control over the shuffle contents.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @