Converting SQLite to MySQL

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 12 14:29:14 UTC 2006

Dominik,

Amarok does have quite a lot of DB-specific code, including the types
for the "url" column. For MySQL we use VARBINARY( 255 ) to combat both
the problems you've described - case insensitivity and MySQL4's stupid
maximum column length (for indices and hence primary keys, I believe)

If you change VARCHAR(1024) to VARBINARY( 255 ) it might work for you,
but as the wiki mentions, this whole procedure is unsupported. Unless
you really really value your statistics, it might be worth starting
with a clean MySQL DB, or you just stick with SQLite.

If you do decide to try it and it works, it would be great if you
could let us know and either you or one of us could update the wiki.

Andrew