search text inside lyric

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Nov 11 20:37:31 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Nov/11/2006, Ljubomir Simin wrote:
> On Saturday 11 November 2006 17:54, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> > So guys, what do you think?  Gold, or feeping creaturism?
> >
> > I kind of like it, but I'm not convinced of its usefulness.  I would think
> > that for most songs, scanning the lyrics with your eyes would suffice to
> > find your place, and is probably at least as fast as searching.
> >
> > However, as Carles said, for non-English speakers especially, it could be
> > useful.  So I'm leaning towards saying that we should include this, but

I think so... :-)

> > only if the user activates it via Ctrl-F (which isn't too unintuitive, as
> > it behaves like searching for most other apps).
> >
> > --Jeff
> >

> I agree with the idea of search being hidden by default. However I would like
> to suggest slash ("/") as shortcut. It is default shortcut for incremental

I think that is fine to have this options hidden, only showed using the
shortcut.

Who needs it, will try to use / or ctrl+f (I have tried many times :-)
).  Who doesn't needs... then nothing :-)

Tonight or tomorrow I will hide it until / or ctrl+f, to see how it
looks, etc.

Anyway I don't know if it will look rare, because in playlistwindow (on
the right) the search fieldtext is always showed. Some days ago I also
tried to do it like Konqueror (showing what user types on bottom of
application, in status-bar...). But I think that is better to have a
fieldtext specially if the user wants to use it often, as it allows to
edit what user is writting. I think with some user who forward and
backwards the song to try to recognize some words as fast as possible
(like listening in school, but with songs, it is funnier :-)  )

If it is not possible to understand above paragraph, tell me and I
explain it better what I want to mean (hurry now)

Thanks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona