How much KDE to install to rib 'n burn

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Sun Nov 5 17:25:17 UTC 2006

Folks,

I'm new to Amarok (1.4.4) and I'm interested in having it take care of
all my ripping needs as well as organizing and playing music. In looking
at the wiki, the ripping entry said I needed kdemultimedia installed
(I'm running Xubuntu 6.10). So I installed it, but didn't find the
directory tree it mentioned. So, that led me to think I need to install
more than just kdemultimedia...will I need to install konqueror as well?
I'm trying to keep the machine (a laptop) as lean as possible. But I've
also found Amarok by far and away the best music manager I've seen.

With best regards,

Pete
--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter