Amarok hard freezes?
kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Nov 2 23:12:37 UTC 2006
Mats Ahlgren wrote:
> I've recently come across something which has made Amarok unusable
> for me: Amarok will often hard-freeze my system (often after being in
> use for awhile, or right when booting up the app).
> I don't know how it happens, only that a friend who runs another
> distribution also has the same problems.
> Has anyone had similar problems?
> This has been most prevalent in v1.4.3.
A few questions.
1) Are you using a hyperthreaded/dual-core/dual-processor system?
2) What engine are you using, and what versions of the libraries (i.e.
xine 1.1.1, xine 1.1.2, etc.), and from where?
3) Does this happen in the just-released 1.4.4?
4) Are you doing anything really fancy that might be a factor, such as
5) Are your packages coming from the same place as your operating system
packages? (i.e. Fedora Core official repositories vs. Livna repositories).
More information about the Amarok