VS: wish: albums covers for the Collection browser

Mikael Lammentausta Mikael.Lammentausta at student.savonia-amk.fi
Wed May 31 06:02:24 UTC 2006

>> I'd really love to see the Collection view with a cover-based browser, like
>> I see in the Context window. I'm not sure if this is already available
>> through skins - if skins are applicable to the Collection view. Is this an
>> issue with modularity of the Collection and thus hard to implement?

>The closest thing I can think of at the moment would be using the
>cover manager as your music source.

No, that wouldn't really work, as it cannot be grouped and doesn't provide any info
about the albums. The Context view would be great, if it could display similar
artists or albums that belong in the same group ...

>>  As a side note, it would be great to group some albums into a collection.
>> Like a series of classical music, or a series of hard rock albums. This is
>> currently not possible. :(

>It is possible to group the collection browser by genre.

Yes, by genre, but the genre does not always is the same in the series.
Image for instance a series of albums put out by Readers Digest that
vary by musical genre, but if the user would like to see all his RD
collections, with covers, in a single nice-looking view. Currently
this is not possible.

Mikael