USB hdd support

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Sun May 28 15:02:22 UTC 2006

Hi
The attached patch adds rudimentary support of external USB hdds (or to be
exact, support for any device which is supported by DeviceManager and has a
UUID. I only have USB devices here so that's what I have tested so far ) to
amarok. It shows the songs on the USB hdd if it is mounted, and hides them
when the device is unmounted. It also handles different mount points for a
device.

At the moment, you can play songs by selecting them in the collectionbrowser.
Smart playlists are broken, and i am still looking for the place to fix them.
It doesn't convert a database yet. So if you want to test it, please create a
new database.

This is my first time programming KDE/Qt as well as my first time programming
C++ in quite a long time. Any comments on the code are therefore most
welcome. Andrew mentioned that its best to discuss changes like this on IRC.
My IRC nick is maxx_k .

-Max