: From 1.3 -> 1.4

Adeodato Simó adeodato at debian.org
Fri May 26 22:54:36 UTC 2006

* Christie Harris [Sat, 27 May 2006 08:16:00 +0930]:

Hello.

> On Saturday 27 May 2006 05:50, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> > Something I find very disturbing is that the Debian 1.4.0 package is
> > supposedly a snapshot of 1.4 beta3 code, or thereabouts.  I don't know
> > if we have a Debian contact, but if that's true, it's very bad.

Nope, 1.4.0 is 1.4.0; just not 1.4.0a. Betas were clearly marked as such.

> Last week, I emailed the amarok-packagers at googlegroups.com list to try and get
> to the bottom of which distros are at 1.4.0a - all the others replied except
> debian - Do we even know who's maintaining the package?

Me.

> AHOY!! Debian packager!! Please subscribe to
> http://groups.google.com/group/amarok-packagers so you can stay in the 'loop'
> for amaroK releases.

I'm subscribed there, yes. TTBOMK, I upload packages for Debian in a
pretty timely fashion; for example, 1.4.0 was uploaded within hours of
the final tarball being available.

During last week, though, personal issues have been preventing me from
uploading 1.4.0a, which I intend to do ASAP. Sorry for that.

No bitterness in the above.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org