: From 1.3 -> 1.4

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Fri May 26 20:13:14 UTC 2006

Actually, amaroK should handle the update perfectly well. There are
only two reasons I know of that might cause problems:

1) amaroK 1.4.0 had a bug that caused it to not realise the old DB
existed causing it to fail to upgrade. This is has been fixed in
1.4.0a, which is available for all major distributions, except Debian
for some reason.

2) Using an external DB (eg MySQL, PostgreSQL ) without granting all
the required permissions (such as the ability to run ALTER) would make
amaroK unable to upgrade the DB.

Andrew