amaroK presentation

Max Howell max.howell at methylblue.com
Wed May 24 09:39:51 UTC 2006

We really must give a presentation since we are such a massive
percentage of this meeting. I would leave planning it until thursday,
but I fear we'd somehow not manage to ;)

I was absent for almost a year, but we never used to plan the future too
heavily, and it seems similar now, yet we are apparently expected to
give such a presentation. The only response I got on KDEmm mailing list
was from Kretz saying the future is the topic, and it'd be good to stick
with that.

For me amaroK 2 was always going to be making a more robust core, and
making things like the Collection interface more open, flexible and
central. And making the playlist widget a million times less complex and
ridiculous.

I also always anticipated a rearrangement of the interface, which I drew
out. I think I can present it, but I don't anticipate it being popular,
although it may be a good start for discussion.

We can talk technical stuff, but I don't see how that interests the
non-amaroK people.

So, other suggestions?

Who's bringing a laptop we can make a presentation on?

Max