Amarok 1.4.2-beta1

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 23:48:09 UTC 2006

El Domingo, 30 de Julio de 2006 17:22, Jeff Mitchell escribió:
> On Sunday 30 July 2006 10:27, Jocke Andersson wrote:
> > Correct, but the replaygain script has a built-in feature to tag files
> > using mp3gain/aacgain or vorbisgain etc...
That's correct. The script's documentation is quite straightforward about it.
> Which as I showed in my email doesn't work (and yes, I do have mp3gain
> installed)
No, you are wrong. The script indeed works, and it does by using
mp3gain/aacgain to tag the mp3 files.
You are looking for the wrong tags, the tags written are not ID3v2, they are
APEv2 tags. If you want to look for tags using an hex dump, look for the
APEv2 tags at the end of the file.
As a simple check to see if tagging works, take a sigle (non tagged) mp3 file.
Play it, the script will complain. Tag it from amarok. Then play it again, if
the script doesn't complain about lack of replaygain info, then the tags have
been written.

> > Somehow ATF works correctly now anyway. Noone knows why it wouldn't
> > before. (I'm sure it was ATF back then, because I enabled it, rescanned,
> > and all my mp3gain tags were gone. it did so with a newly added file too.
> > When I disabled ATF, everything worked as it should.)
>
> Do you mean the mp3gain tags were gone, or the replaygain script complained
> it couldn't find them?  I'd believe the second but have a hard time
> believing the first.
If the mp3 file has any kind of replaygain tags, the script will find them.
Currently supported for mp3 are APEv2, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, RVA (both replaygain
and normalize).
If you have any kind of replaygain tags which can't be found by the script,
please send me a sample.
> --Jeff

Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)