Amarok 1.4.2-beta1

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Jul 31 11:11:14 UTC 2006

On Sunday 30 July 2006 11:33, Jocke Andersson wrote:
> On Sunday July 30 2006 17:22, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> > Do you mean the mp3gain tags were gone, or the replaygain script
> > complained it couldn't find them?  I'd believe the second but have a hard
> > time believing the first.
>
> Actually the first, since running mp3gain on the files started a gain
> rescan (when tags are present, it just shows them).
> Due to some stupidity  regarding a find-command, it even started to mp3gain
> scan some ogg files somehow... So now some of my ogg files have mp3 id3
> tags (they still work as they should though...)

Jocke--

Is it possible that it was saving the tags in an ID3v1 tag?  Behavior of ATF
up until a month ago would have been to strip any ID3v1 tag and only have
ID3v2.4 instead (now it keeps both).  If this were the case it should have
copied over any info from the ID3v1 tag anyways, but...just trying to guess
at why you might have seen this happen.

--Jeff