Fwd: 1.4-SVN-0607251240 [NOTstripped][validity: 0.96][frames: 144][xine]

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Wed Jul 26 07:06:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Seems that the crash happens while something is being loaded to the playlist.
> MetaBundle's copy constructor runs
> *this = bundle
>
> which calls the = operator.  The crash happens on the line:
> m_url = bundle.url
> and as you can see from #4 and #5, KURL's = operator is running QString's =
> operator which upchucks.  Seems like a bug in either QT or KDElibs?

Hmm, I just upgraded to the KDE 3.5.4 binaries provided by SUSE...

> Sven, is it possible that you have a file with a url that has some kind of odd
> character?  QString should be Unicode compliant, I think, but I don't know
> too much about character sets.

If strange characters are national German characters (üäöß) then this
is likely.
I have to add that since yesterday evening the crash doesn't occur
anymore. So maybe one of the threading fixes fixed that? I also don't
have the original playlist anymore. :-/