extragear/multimedia/amarok

Martin Aumueller aumueller at uni-koeln.de
Mon Jul 24 19:45:09 UTC 2006

Ok, here are some hard facts: loading 6700 (mostly mp3) tracks into the
playlist took 205 s with r565899 on a system with a fast disk. After
modifying MetaBundle::setUniqueId() to return immediately w/o doing anything
times dropped to 45 s for the same operation. Caches were cold in both cases.
This is not good. As it is right now, this does a complete collection rescan.

And another bad thing: this meta data reading is done from within amarokapp
proper. Should problems with taglib arise (the original motivation for having
a separate collection scanner process), amarokapp will crash - and not just
the scanner.