Don't forget to re-enable fixHyperthreading for releases

Martin Aumueller aumueller at uni-koeln.de
Mon Jul 24 02:53:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

for testing purposes I commented out the call to fixHyperthreading() in
app.cpp, as I think that this does not work around bugs of hyper-threading
processors, but that it just masks race conditions and other bugs that show
up on multi-cpu systems. Because of this, it actually will improve stability.
Thus, I suggest to re-enable the call to fixHyperthreading() before making a
release. This can't hurt anything except performance. In case I should forget
to do so, please keep that in mind.

Martin