WEB: Missing dates

Harald Sitter harald.sitter at kdemail.net
Sat Jul 22 12:01:29 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 July 2006 19:54, Ralph Müller-Welt wrote:
> Hi amarok-Folks,
>
> i cant find something i dont like about your app, so i have to claim about
> your webpage. *
>
> *)
> Really, amaroK is one of my favorite apps, thats why i donated to amarok
> before donating to KDE.
>
> Love to see the Last.fm integration is getting done!
> Thatfore i compile 1.4.1 right now.
>
> There used to be dates printed next to the Headlines. These are gone! I
> cant really remember when that happened, but the dates showed a nice
> regularity of stable releases.

I simply removed them, because of 2 reasons:
#1: they are part of the mambo defined header - which uses a really really
small font and doesn't look very fancy at all. So we have to use an h1-ified
title within the text as well.
#2: our current layout is kind of mess. While users which know little bit
about FOSS, KDE and Amarok, people who don't know find it kind of hard to get
proper information from the website (I asked about 20 people in an internet
bar to tell me something about Amarok).

So basically I'd also like to have them, but as the dates and title mess the
layout even more I think we shouldn't have them in for now.

Harald Sitter      roKymotion team         harald.sitter at kdemail.net
amarok.kde.org     rokymotion.pwsp.net     apachelogger at kdetalk.net