dynamic collection merge

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Wed Jul 19 06:47:30 UTC 2006

> On Sunday 16 July 2006 4:16 pm, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > Maximilian Kossick wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > the dynamic collection branch is ready to be merged back into trunk. We
> > > would like it to be included in 1.4.2. To make that goal, it has to be
> > > merged soon so that we can get some testers from the #amarok crowd.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have objections to the merge, or require some further
> > > details for a decision?
> >
> > Just want to offer my enthusiasm... this is definately a feature I would
> > use, both the NFS and removeable device aspects.
>
> It seems nfs/smb and cd/dvd have been excluded.  Is there a reason why?  I
> would find support for these filesystems quite useful.

That's not quite correct. The generic plugin should handle neither NFS/SMB nor
CD/DVD filesystems. NFS/SMB filesystems are handled by two additional
plugins.

CDs and DVDs are excluded at the moment because I don't have a good algorithm
to identify them. I can identify CDs and DVDs by their volume name, but I
remember that at least one of my CDs didn't have a volume name (but I have to
check again, that was a while ago). And that doesn't solve the problem of
different CDs/DVDs with the same name...

Max