Amarok - ID tag

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Tue Jul 18 11:59:31 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 06:35, Colin Brace wrote:
> On 7/9/06, Alexandre Oliveira <aleprj at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible in Amarok 1.4.1 to recode ID3
> > tags? This means that I have almost all tags in encoding cp1250 (windows
> > - Central Europe) and my Debian is working in ISO latin2 (ISO 8859-2)
> > encoding.
>
> If you need to change the character set encoding of a lot of files,
> you might consider using easytag, which can do batch retagging and so
> on.

Saša--

You can use easytag as Colin suggested, however please keep in mind that
easytag uses the deprecated id3lib libraries for tagging.  They will not read
and write ID3v2.4 tags, so you may see discrepancies between different
programs and any ID3v1 tags vs. ID3v2.4 tags your files may have, if any.

--Jeff