failed SQL queries in the dynamic branch

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 16 14:15:27 UTC 2006

Jeff,

I don't use it - this is just some upgrade code failing. The upgrade
that it's performing is converting the URL column from the type
VARCHAR(255) to VARBINARY(255) for MySQL (the 'upgrade' happens for
other DBs too, but it ends up still as a VARCHAR(255) ). This is
necessary as in MySQL, the VARCHAR type can only store a subset of
valid URLs - it cannot store control characters eg unicode 0x82.

This isn't a problem in any way, as long as you don't care whether the
playlists table exists as, as far as I can tell, it probably won't for
the average person running 1.4.1, even though you tried to create it
before 1.4.1 was released.

After the upgrade code has been run, the playlists table will
definitely exist, so it really doesn't matter.

Andrew