: Various Artisits

bhroch902 bhrich90210 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 14 06:05:21 UTC 2006

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://amarok.kde.org from:
bhroch902 <bhrich90210 at hotmail.com>

First i'd like to say that amarok is really the best player/collection manager out there. Now, I just upgraded to version 1.4.1 and have to say that i had liked everyother version before this one. First, One of the best parts of amarok for me was how it organized albums with multiple artists (soundtracks, compilations) under 'Various Artists', but with this version it not only does that but it also meshes them with the other artists under the alphabet (i have my setting artists/albums), i really feel this is a step backward and creates more of a mess in the collection. Yes the option exists to make an album show under various artist or not show, but this doesn't prevent the artists from being scattered around still. there really was nothing wrong with the way you guys had it before, actually before the options where to not have those albums with multiple artists (which is what is being forced now) and to have them under various artists and ONLY under various artist, which makes much more sense. That is actually my main concern with theis realease, other minor things are how come the clear and undo and redo options are forced in the top next to the search bar, normally this wouldnt bother me but the thing is that i have my toolbar set to text only (takes less space than icons and easier to read too). And the third thing, also a minor thing, is when amarok is not playing anything the logo under the context tab is smaller, this makes it seem weird as supposed to the bigger icon, which i liked caused it was the focus of attention. Well, thas all i have to say in terms of feedback, and honeslty if you take the itunes store from itunes this is the best player/organizer, period.

p.s., thx for the great ipod support.