: amarok doesn\'t start

Jocke Andersson ajocke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 15:55:38 UTC 2006

> I use kubuntu dapper drake and have installed amarok 1.4.1 from the
> repositorys. if i try to start amarok i got the following error-messages: X
> Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  144
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  144
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> Amarok: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
> Amarok: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use
> amarokapp. /usr/lib/amarok/amarokapp: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/libglide3.so.3: undefined symbol: __LINE__

Just a note to the list (I know this won't reach the guy):
The X Errors come from Kubuntu adding all sorts of input devices to the X
config (so that everything "just works"), they usually come fromnonexistent
wacom tablets and such.
Seems like the guy has some problems with his Glide library...

//Firetech