New Album Notification

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Sun Jul 2 12:52:00 UTC 2006

Hello all,

With the integration of Wikipedia, you began to construct the next generation
of music players.
But well, we can go even further...

An idea I just thinked to: when a music group that a user have in his library
release a new album, Amarok should show a popup message to inform the user.

So it keep people the task of regularily visit each group website to see if
there is a new album to buy.

Every week or so, Amarok lists every music groups/authors the user has in his
collection.
For each group, it goes to a site in the background, and search if there is a
new album that is now out.
If yes, it show a message like that:

 Group 1
   New Album 1
   New Album 2
 Group 2
   New Album 3

User can select a group and click the following buttons for that group:
 Visit Website...
 Not Interested in this Group
  => To not show any notification for that group the user is not interested in
     buying new albums.

Or he can select an album and click the following buttons:
 More Information...
  => To popup a dialog with full information and showcase image
 Buy on Amazon
  => Or any other configurable website

At any time in the Configuration dialog, the user can disable that feature or
see a list of every groups and he can check every groups to tell if he is
intersted of not.

Best regards,
Sébastien Laoût.

PS: I'm not registered on the mailing list, so please CC me.