amarok install problem

Greg Voris gbvoris at pgtc.com
Sat Jul 1 23:36:14 UTC 2006

Please find quoted below my atempt to get help with Amarok 1.3.  I have
removed Amarok and reinstalled twice; but there must be something I'm doing
wrong as I get the same results and the preferences seem to stay there.  Is
there a setting that would prevent audio from leaving this prog. and yet work
in an other?
Also I was told to install 1.4 I've tried and I keep getting a message that
another file is needed, any ideas or is there a rpm for the whole thing so
that I don't have four separate rpm's?
Greg

Opened:  2006-06-27 04:55
  Product:  amarok
  Component:  general
  Version:  1.3.1
  Platform:  unspecified
  Resolution:  INVALID
  Reporter:  Greg Voris
  Assigned to:  Amarok Developers

  Version:           1.3.1 (using KDE 3.4.2, Mandrake Linux Cooker i586 -
Cooker)
 Compiler:          Target: i586-mandriva-linux-gnu
 OS:                Linux (i686) release 2.6.12-12mdk

 Might be an install problem, I don't know enough to say for certain.
 I copied music files from my ntfs drive, started to "build collection" in
amarok 1.3.1.  I played several tunes, noticed that the % had stopped at 49%
(watched it for about 20min).
 Amarok would not close and I had to use the power buttom to get control back.
 Now the bar graph shows music playing; but no sound from the speakers.
 The system works fine, plays the same music using Kaffeine.
 As I said, I'm new ti Linux; but I'll copy and send anything I can to help.
 ------- Additional Comment #6 From Greg Voris 2006-06-28 01:05 -------