transcoding to m4a for ipod nano

Robert Hogan robert at roberthogan.net
Thu Dec 28 10:58:30 UTC 2006

Hi there,

The transcoding options for transferring files to a player allow you to
transcode files 'compatible' with the player. In the case of the ipod nano,
this appears to be m4a. However, the m4a files created by transkode, while
they play fine in amarok itself, do not play on my (wife's) ipod nano.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know why they don't work on the ipod?
My workaround is to transcode (from ogg) to mp3 before transferring, but it
would be nice to figure out what I need to do to transcode successfully on
the fly.

Finally, is there a reason you're not allowed to select the format you'd like
to convert to when transferring to a player?

Robert
--

KlamAV - An Anti-Virus Manager for KDE - http://www.klamav.net
TorK   - A Tor Controller For KDE      - http://tork.sf.net