A Question

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 27 23:42:14 UTC 2006

Unfortunately, quite a lot of Amarok's database structure isn't
optimal. Maybe when work starts for Amarok 2 (to coincide with KDE 4),
or perhaps before, things can get a big redesign.

At the moment, one reason that what you suggest isn't possible is that
while there is an album table which contains album names and ID
numbers, these albums aren't true albums, e.g. if you have two albums
called "The Best Of" by different artists, they will share the same
album ID. (In fact, it will likely be assumed to be a compilation
album and get shown under Various Artists). At the moment, this isn't
a problem, because almost everything is associated with each track, so
you can separate the two, even though they both share the same album
ID.

Also, each track can have a different embedded image (within the
MP3/whatever file).

Andrew