tray icon problems

Xamindar junkxamindar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 20:20:17 UTC 2006

Donn Washburn wrote:
> Xamindar wrote:
>
>> The amarok tray icon doesn't display properly in the system tray.  I can
>> see a little part of the icon, maybe a pixel wide, in the tray when
>> amarok is running but I am not able to click on it or make any use of
>> it.  I had this problem once on my previous computer but it went away on
>> an update to something.  I am running gentoo and frequently update the
>> system to whatever is the most recent stuff in portage.  The amarok icon
>> has been "broken" ever sense I have had linux working on this new
>> computer.
>>
>> I have seen others mention this problem but I have never found a
>> deffinate fix for it.  Anyone know what is wrong here?
>>

> Works here!  The wolf image near the clock on the right side.  Right
> click work on it
>
> KDE 3.5.5, SuSE 10.2 amarok 1.4.4
>
> Could it be a gentoo compiled amarok issue?

I know it probably works for a lot of people.  And I have had it work
too in the past on my other machine.  I am thinking it is a combination
of the way gentoo compiles amarok or the systray applet for gnome and
the fact I'm using gnome and not kde.  Very strange, but amarok is the
only program that I have ever seen with this problem.