gstreamer 0.10 backend? & more automation questions

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Tue Dec 19 14:56:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm running amarok 1.4.4 on ubuntu edgy, and have some troubles withmy
sound card when using the xine engine.  Ive tried exaile outwith
gstreamer and can see that gstreamer releases my sound card when exaile
stops playing, so I'd like to try amarok using the gstreamer engine, but
I see that it's been disabled in ubuntu.  So I wondered what the status
of the gstreamer backend is; I don't see much about it on the website
but I did see some mandriva packages on rpmsearch or somewhere &
wondereed what the chances were of getting those to work with ubuntu.

thanks,

matt

--
Matt Price