start with a different collection?

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 13:12:25 UTC 2006

Is there a way to get amarok to start with a different collection?

This is what I want to do.  I want to boot from a live CD that has amarok
installed, but use the collection on my hd.  This is a temporary measure
because loading my ipod is difficult -- sometimes impossible -- with current
hal problems that I am having.  Until I get the problems straightened out, I
want to load the ipod with the live CD.  I don't want to rebuild my
collection every time I boot with the CD.

I'd like to use the collection DB that I already have.  I recently switched
from SQLite to mySQL, so both DBs are reasonably up to date and I could use
either. Alternatively, building the collection once may be ok, but not every
time I boot.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @