scripting: tell amarok to quit nicely, saving playlist

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 16 21:08:22 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-16-12 at 06:34 -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> [apologies to Mark.  sent this to the wrong address]
>
> On Sat, 2006-16-12 at 04:57 +0100, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> > On Saturday 16 December 2006 04:45, Matt Price wrote:
> > > The problem with this of course is that amarok loses the current
> > > playlist when it's killed.  I'd really like to avoid that.  so I'd like
> > > to replace the 'killall amarokapp' with something like:
> > >
> > > dcop amarok player die-peacefully
> > > ...  but there doesn't seem to be any such command.
> >
> > dcop amarok MainApplication-Interface quit
> >

> oh excellent, thank you.  didn't see tht on the wiki page, sorry to be
> such a dunce.
>
> anyway what about the possibility of telling amarok to release the sound
> card?  is that just a pipedream?

so, I notice that if I changet he engine from xine to "file", the sound
card isreleased.  So if I could just do this:

dcop amarok player pause
dcop amarok player configEngine file-engine
[suspend]
dcop amarok player configEngine xine-engine
dcop amarok player pause

that would be great.  but this doesn't seem to be available.  am I
wrong?

thanks,

matt