Suggested Songs Dynamic Playlist

Lucky Captain Rabbit King jer at gweep.net
Thu Dec 14 17:24:57 UTC 2006

Hi!

I've been seeing the Suggested Songs Dynamic Playlist getting wedged on a single
artist.  When another artist is played, the song that is queued is based on
the first artist played.  I think this is due to the playlist cache <b>m_cachedItemSet</b>
being generated seeded with the first artist, and new tracks are queued from this
cache.

locally, I've changed _DynamicMode::retrieveTracks_ to not use the cache
if the dynamicList type is SUGGESTION:

if(( m_cachedItemSet.count() <= trackCount ) || (appendType() == SUGGESTION) )
    {
      debug() << "Refreshing cached items" << endl;
      rebuildCachedItemSet();
    }

but, a better answer would be to associate an artist name with the cache,
and use the same cache for multiple tracks by the same artist.  This could
explode greatly with a lot of different artists.
or refresh only when the artist changes from the last time the cache was filled.

		-jer
--
jer at sidehack.gweep.net           Programmer / Sysadmin / Gweep
mpython at gnu.org          -><-    Author of Xtacy, an X11 Graphics Hack