svn using 100% CPU

Sander Zwier sander at ueber.net
Thu Dec 14 16:51:01 UTC 2006

I can confirm this, i have the same problem. I use an Athlon64 3000+ (32 bit
system) with 1GB of RAM on the current archlinux 2.6.19 kernel.

Last svn I tried is r613599. I use the xine engine, sqlite database and only
extra compile option is --with-mp4v2.

For example expanding a branch in the collection browser takes about 20
seconds, if not longer. During that time the GUI is totally frozen. When the
GUI becomes active again, Amarok sometimes prints:

Very strange! got a DCOPReply opcode, but we were not waiting for a reply!
QApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver

on stderr. But as I said, sometimes, not all the time, so I'm not sure if this
is common behavior.

Regards,
Sander