[bmpx] Re: [vlc-devel] Re: [bmpx] Re: [Banshee-List] [bmpx] Re: Proposal for a common D-Bus interface for media players

Milosz Derezynski internalerror at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:23:06 UTC 2006

There is really no pratical problem with handing over an interface from one
app to another; i don't want to go into tech/code details right now until
it's neccessary, but it is generally not a problem at all when done right,
no matter how huge the latency is.

There should be some crash dection etc, perhaps, maybe similar to BMP's
sentinel daemon which watches the main, and currently only, interface come
and go, and if the interface should just "disappear", without bmpx signing
off (ShutdownComplete signal on dbus with no args), it will report a crash;
we have a similar crash detection on startup; it's not very different from
let's say bug-buddy, just that the process is not run as a child process.