Next release: 1.4.5 or 1.5?

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Dec 7 07:45:22 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 23:22, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Thursday 07 December 2006 03:36, Christie Harris wrote:
> > Can the rokymotion team please be given some idea of which way this is
> > going? We need to come up with a release pic etc.
>
> Ok, I think the problem is that most devs are currently away, for one
> reason or another. So let's try to make a decision anyway:
>
> From what I've observed, there isn't currently much enthusiasm for the 1.5
> idea. Some of us were pro 1.5, but I think the tenor was more like contra.
>
> In this light I'd say, let's call it 1.4.5.

1.4.5++

Looking at the ChangeLog, I think we have the usual plethora of new, cool
things.  I don't think we have any killer feature that really warrants the
1.5.0 moniker.  It's certainly not the huge change that 1.4.0 was from 1.3.9.

Current SVN *does* have a huge amount of changes from 1.4.0, enough that I'd
have no hesitation saying that if we compared current SVN to 1.4.0, it should
definitely be called 1.5.0.  Perhaps unfortunately, we've rolled these new
features and changes out incrementally in minor releases (as we usually do),
so I think we'd lose something in the eyes of our regular users if we promote
the next release as 1.5.0 and the amount of changes is akin to one of our
normal minor releases.

--Jeff