Various artists that aren't, interface clutter

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Fri Dec 1 10:10:37 UTC 2006

Christian Kreibich wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have two issues with Amarok 1.4.4 on Core 5 that I wanted to swing by
> you.
>
> - In my collection, I have a number of albums listed under "Various
> Artists" where the songs belonging to those individual albums definitely
> all seem to have the same artist, so I don't understand why they're
> listed there as opposed to under the alphabetical letter of the artist.
> When right-clicking "Editing information for x tracks" for these albums,
> I do in fact see the (single) artist, album name, often also the
> category.
>
> - Can you keep an eye on interface clutter? KDE's pretty guilty of that
> at least in default configurations, and Amarok has symptoms too:
>       * It'd be great if I could change/remove the Clear, Save Playlist
>         As, Undo, and Redo buttons next to the playlist filter, for
>         example. I can have those buttons at the bottom of the playlist
>         anyway.
>       * Likewise, please let me remove Analyzers completely.

hmm. the analyzer at the bottom of the playlist ? you can remove it
(settings->customise toolbars), but you are left with a large empty space...

>       * The approaches to search under Collection and Files are quite
>         different; it'd be nice to have that work the same way. (The
>         search terms entry field under Files at the top of the files
>         list doesn't seem to work for me?)

it filters files only. there's a bugreport (or wish) to filter
directories, too

ps. is there anything in the headers that would indicate whether poster
is subscribed or not ?

--
  Rich