Not able to play MP3? WTF??? (RESOLVED)

Matej Cepl ceplm at seznam.cz
Tue Aug 29 14:37:29 UTC 2006

Ian Monroe wrote:
> On 8/28/06, Matej Cepl <ceplm at seznam.cz> wrote:
>> Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
>> > Have you recently updated libxine? Your distribution might have begun
>> > to criple it.
>>
>> OK, I still don't understand why it is so, but when I changed all
>> priorities for differents decoders in xine-config back to default (I
>> tried to boost up a priority of ffmpeg library against w32codecs), then
>> everything works. Weird. What is the proper way how to persuade
>> peacefully xine, that I prefer (for things like .ra) ffmpeg to w32codecs?
>
> I really don't know, you might try xine-user at lists.sourceforge.net

So, I am trying -- how to persuade libxine (1.1.2 on Debian with amarok),
that for formats which are understood by ffmpeg it shouldn't use w32codecs
without disabling mp3? I put engine.decoder_priorities.ffmpeg-wmv8,
engine.decoder_priorities.ffmpegaudio, and
engine.decoder_priorities.ffmpegvideo to 1, and
engine.decoder_priorities.win32a and engine.decoder_priorities.win32v
to -1. However, then it seemed that everything shutdown -- I was not able
even to play mp3 and ogg files then. Seems weird.

Thanks for any reply,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma at jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

..every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has
any Right to but himself. The Labour of his Body, and the Work of
his Hands, we may say, are properly his. .... The great and chief
end therefore, of Mens uniting into Commonwealths, and putting
themselves under Government, is the Preservation of their
Property.
    -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"