Libtunepimp problems

Mats Ahlgren mats_a at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 27 10:20:11 UTC 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 00:32, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Mats Ahlgren [Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:40:43 -0400]:
>
> > 3) One has to erase all the metadata from your songs before using the
> > "Guess tags" button, or else the search will stall for 30+ seconds
> > without a cancel button and return a "Could not find your song"
> > error.*
>
> Oh, so the 30-sseconds stall is due to the presence of tags, good to
> know.
Perhaps -- I'm not sure if it's that, or not finding any results, or some other cause -- perhaps a debug-enabled Amarok build would reveal the stalling operation.
FYI, there's a similar lack of cancel-button and long pause with the cover-queryer, when it's about to return a null result (despite running a fast computer on a fast network connection).

> > * I've heard this is a 'feature'; please tell me this isn't true... o_O
>
> Heh, I wonder where such statement came from.
It came from a hacker friend.
Thanks for setting the record straight; it's existed for me since before 1.3.8 and I was unsure whether to file a bug report.

> Cheers,
> Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es

Best,
Mats