Amarok 1.4.2 collection scan fails

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sun Aug 27 04:40:29 UTC 2006

* Florian Genauer [Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:49:40 +0200]:

> I am using Debian sarge - and thus I have

> ii  libtag1-dev    1.4-4
> ii  libtag1c2a     1.4-4
> ii  libtagc0       1.4-4
> ii  libtagc0-dev   1.4-4

> installed on it.

Where did you get those? I ask since there is a problem with them:
if a library package name ends in c2 or c2a, then it should be compiled
against libstdc++6.

The default libstdc++ in sarge is libstdc++5, so either the package
should be named libtag1. (Unless they're indeed compiled against
libstdc++6).

You can find quite up to date and well-done backports for taglib here:

  http://backports.org/debian/pool/main/t/taglib/

I guess I could also look into providing Amarok sarge packages for 1.4
(latest one I did was 1.3.6). I'd like a bit of hint of how much
interest there'd be for those, in order not to work in vain. ;-)

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The first step on the road to wisdom is the admission of ignorance. The
second step is realizing that you don't have to blab it to the world.