Libtunepimp problems

Mats Ahlgren mats_a at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 27 03:55:08 UTC 2006

On Saturday 26 August 2006 20:15, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Saturday 26 August 2006 1:40 pm, Mats Ahlgren wrote:
> > Might anyone know what is up with libtunepimp support please?
> >
> > 1) It doesn't work out-of-the-box with Amarok; you have to compile it and
> > tell your package manager to not update it
> >
> > 2) Libtunepimp refuses to tag songs which have any accents in their
> > metadata (e.g. e-acute-accent), returning the following error: "Cannot
> > parse query: not well-formed (Invalid token) at line X, column Y, byte Z "
> >
> > 3) One has to erase all the metadata from your songs before using the
> > "Guess tags" button, or else the search will stall for 30+ seconds without
> > a cancel button and return a "Could not find your song" error.*
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mats
> >
> > * I've heard this is a 'feature'; please tell me this isn't true... o_O
>
> What distro are you using and what version of libtunepimp are you using?

I'm using Ubuntu (latest version -- 'Dapper').
Libtunepimp integration has never worked out of the box with Aptitude since I encountered Amarok a year ago, so I've had to use a compiled-from-scratch version of libtunepimp:

"dpkg -l | grep tunepimp" returns:
ii  libtunepimp-bin                        0.3.0-9.1ubuntu3                        libtunepimp simple tagging applications
ii  libtunepimp2c2a                        0.3.0-9.1                               MusicBrainz tagging library and simple tagge