Amarok 'Fast Forward' 1.4.2 Released!

Bongani Hlope bhlope at mweb.co.za
Sat Aug 26 08:20:19 UTC 2006

On Saturday 26 August 2006 06:54, Ian Monroe wrote:
> On 8/25/06, Bongani Hlope <bhlope at mweb.co.za> wrote:

> > > Patch without the -lruby debug...
> >
> > It's late and I must go to bed ;) The real patch....
>
> Thanks for the patch. Can you explain what was wrong and how this
> fixes it? I can't make head or tails of it. :)

On my box the ruby checks for:
1. ruby_include returns nil (ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts
Config::MAKEFILE_CONFIG["topdir"]')
rpm -ql ruby-dev shows me that the includes are
in /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux-gnu/

my patch check for the architect directory that ruby is installed in
ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::MAKEFILE_CONFIG["archdir"]' this returns
$(rubylibdir)/$(arch), the I substitute the  $(rubylibdir) variable with what
ruby give me .gsub( "$(rubylibdir)" , Config::MAKEFILE_CONFIG["rubylibdir"]),
which returns $(prefix)/lib/ruby/$(ruby_version)...

So each time ruby returns a $(variable) I look for the actual value in
Config::MAKEFILE_CONFIG["variable"].

2. ruby_ldflags returns -l$(RUBY_INSTALL_NAME) -ldl -lcrypt -lm so I
added .gsub( "$(RUBY_INSTALL_NAME)" ,
Config::MAKEFILE_CONFIG["RUBY_INSTALL_NAME"]) to resolve that variable... I
see that I have an extra single quote in that line, here's a fixed version

NOTE: This is the first time I ever touched ruby...