Context Order

Stuart Neill stuart at neill.ukfsn.org
Sat Aug 19 16:27:14 UTC 2006

When a single artist multi-date tagged album (think Greatest Hits, Collection
etc.) is shown via the context tab, it's position in the list of albums seems
to be calculated in some way from track dates, even though (rightly) no date
is shown for the album. While this behaviour might be fine for single albums,
if you tag multiple CD's in the following way (as I and many do) they become
separated.

Greatest Hits Of * (CD1)
Greatest Hits Of * (CD2)
etc

Is there a reason for this behaviour, or would it be beneficial to have
multi-dated albums appearing at the bottom of the list sorted
alphanumerically?

Of course I may have missed the blindingly obvious, in which case, would
someone please point me in the right direction toward grouping a multi-CD
release whilst retaining the correct year for each track.

--
Stuart Neill