Several problems

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Wed Aug 16 17:00:25 UTC 2006

Marcus Schoepf wrote:
> Hello!
> I have some problems with amarok, maybe you can help:
> I am using amarok-1.4.2_beta1. Since one or two versions the context-bar shows nothing for tracks that are clearly into the collection.
> All i get is a message that they aren't. Manually deleting the collection-files and rescanning did not solve the problem.

what do you mean by context-bar ? i assume it is context browser, is
that right ?
which database are you using ?
are tracks listed in the collection browser ?

> My next question is, why are old collection-files not deleted regulary? Once i deleted 1,4GB manually!

it seems you are using sqlite database. what do you mean by "old
collection files" ? what are their filenames ?
how many tracks are there in your collection ?

> And last but not least, everytime i put in a cd/dvd or usb-mass-storage-device, amaroks media-device facility pops up, not recognizing the device inserted, but my empty hard disc partition hda2 (vfat) all over again. I would love to disable the whole media-player thing, but even if i say "disable device", it happens again with hda2.

which distribution you have ? i think this depends on dbus/hal/whatnot.

anybody else have an idea why the correct media is not recognised and
hdd partition is used instead ?

> I hope you can help with this. A forum would be great. If you need more info, let me know.
> Thanks, Marcus
  Rich