Devs, please read...Re: Collection scanner fails for some sampler CDs

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Aug 7 01:19:09 UTC 2006

I'm not sure what has changed, but I do know what's causing the problem.  It'd
be instructive to read http://www.mysqlfreaks.com/errors/275.php

Right now I'm going through and updating some code...I'm getting it to the
point where I can successfully create tables again, limiting the size of the
index.  I don't know if this is necessary for only MySQL or not, or if it is
even valid syntax on Postgres/SQLite...

I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants, so any dev (or other person on
this list) that knows about databases, please look at this problem.  I'll
post the revision number when I commit.  I'm hoping I don't break
Postgres/SQLite, but checks can be added in if necessary to only pass in a
length argument (which is 255 max by default, it's a compile-time value
apparently) if it's MySQL.

Also, for now at least I don't have the time to look at conversion code, I'm
just looking at code starting from no tables.

--Jeff